Tuesday, August 28, 2007

38 weeks and a Mother's Instinct

So.... yesterday was "interesting." Let's start by saying that I got a phone call from my mom yesterday morning and she said, "I had a dream last night that you had high blood pressure, are you ok?" At that point I thought everything was fine, but it turns out it wasn't. I had nausea all day and then when I went in for my 4:30 appt. I had high blood pressure. The doctor was a little worried because I haven't had anything close to even being marginal this whole pregnancy. So, the doctor sent me over to the hospital saying, "if it stays high, we will probably induce you tonight." That was a little nerve racking. Not exactly how I imagined everything going down. And on top of all that I was replaying my mom's phone call in my head thinking, "how did she know this?"

The good news is that my blood pressure went down soon after I got there, but we were still there until about 10:30 last night. I felt so bad for Chad because he had rushed from work just to make it to the appointment at 4:30 and at 10:30 pm, after waking up at 6 am, he was still in his work clothes and hadn't eaten anything. I wasn't able to eat anything while they were running the tests and so he was a nice husband and didn't eat in front of me. I kept saying, "you can just go out in the hall and eat a hamburger." He looked at me like I was stupid.

While I was on the fetal monitor, it was showing that my contractions were anywhere from 3-6 minutes apart. But I explained to the nurse that I have been doing that for about a month now and that is just normal for me, so after they checked me and felt that I was still "barely a 1" they believed me and let me go home.
The doctor wants to see me again on Thursday morning and it looks like he'll probably induce then. Which will actually be a very good day since it's labor day weekend. We'll keep everyone posted via blog...

12 comments:

Mindi said...

Glad everything was okay! I guess that everyone else is getting to have their babies but me... Interesting that y'all were going through that last night. Chris came in and said "Chad called, Cassy had Cohen." He just wanted to see my reaction when someone else that was due after me had their baby before me... Like I said, glad everything was okay, will be praying for you on Thursday! Love you.

Finally an Abrigg..... said...

I'll be there with bells on Thursday evening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lori said...

WHAT!!! Oh my goodness....I know you are so ready to have sweet Cohen in your arms. I'll be waiting on pins and needles to hear the good word! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

YAY! Cassy, that is so exciting! Can't wait to see Mr. Cohen!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I am so excited for you and Chad. I can't wait to see pics of Baby Cohen! Take care of yourself and we'll be praying for you to have a safe and stress-free birth!

Holly O'Quinn said...

Oh my goodness it's going so fast! I'm am thrilled that you don't have to wait much longer for your sweet baby boy to arrive! I went to 41 weeks and it was heart wrenching when I woke up on my due date knowing I was not going into labor any time soon. I'm so excited for you guys. You are going to do great! I will be praying for all three of you!

Rebekah said...

You take care of yourself- I'm glad you made it this far without any major complications; you're going to do great- we'll be praying for you!

Summer said...

We'll be praying on Thursday and can't wait to hear the news! I had high blood pressure and everything turned out just fine in the end. Good luck!

Aimee said...

I know how you feel, I had the same thing happen! Good luck, you will be in my prayers!

EDS said...

That's what happened with Hampton, only it wasn't a false alarm. I was induced that day and I hadn't even thought about packing my "hospital bag." So happy for you...can't wait to hear about Cohen.

Allison said...

I am so excited!!!! Hope he's here! Can't wait to see pictures of your sweet family!

Leslie said...

Well, if they induce you on Thursday then Haven and Cohen will be one week apart! SO exciting for you guys!!! Boy do Adam and I understand that whole "maternal observation" thing. Adam did the exact same thing one day.

Good luck with everything. Can't wait to hear an update.