Monday, September 10, 2007

We're making it!

My mom went home on Saturday so today was my first day at home alone with Cohen. The only thing I had on our "to do" list today was to start getting him on his 3 hour schedule. He did pretty good for the first day... we'll see how he sleeps tonight. The hardest thing is trying to keep him awake so that he can get his days and nights straight. It's amazing how fast your day goes by when it revolves around eating, sleeping and pooping! I'm trying really hard to get this schedule down because I'm going to start working again next week. Even though I office from home and don't have to get dressed and drive to work, I still have to get things done from here. Hopefully Cohen will cooperate. Oh by the way, why didn't anyone tell me that you can love someone this much? I know part of it is my hormones, but I'm brought to tears almost everyday just because I feel overwhelmed with how much I love him and Chad both. I wasn't prepared for how much I would love my son, but I've also been surprised by this new level of loving my husband. I thought I couldn't love him anymore than I already did, but I was wrong. There is a newness that I wasn't expecting and it's wonderful! Ok, enough of the mushy stuff. Here are a few pics for you guys...

We watched our first Cowboys game together as a family last night. Cohen says, "GO COWBOYS!!"

I finally caught his little, goofy smile he does while he's sleeping on camera!

Bathtime!!!!!!!!! He loves this!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sweet! Sounds like you are doing great and loving life. That is so wonderful. His smile just cracks me up! Hope when you go back to working Cohen can hang with the schedule. Keep havin' fun!!

Finally an Abrigg..... said...

His hair is so blonde!!!!!! I'm glad things are going well at home! :) Maybe I'll pop by sometime soon!

Jamie said...

He is adorable. I love the picture with him smiling. Call me if you need anything. - Jamie

Chandy said...

Awww...my little booger. He already looks so much older in the cowboys pic than when I saw him on Saturday. So cute!

Amber said...

We saw Kevin & Kellie last weekend and they told us about your long delivery. As difficult as it was, labor is one of the few times you get to assist God in a miracle. I wouldn't trade it for the world & I'm sure you feel the same way! We're so happy for all of you & Cohen's absolutely adorable!

Leslie said...

he is so stinkin cute Cassy!!! Hope you guys are getting some sleep. It IS amazing how fast your days fly isn't it?

You get the gripe water at Babies R Us in the healthcare section....I'm sure you can get it other places, but I don't know of them

Andrea W. said...

Hope that you are getting to sleep some. I have found that it helps a TREMENDOUS amount to take babies outdoors during the daytime, even if only for a couple of minutes, to help them distinguish DAY from NIGHT. Good luck, and you are such a great little Mommy!

Kristen said...

Your sweet boy is sooo cute! It sounds like you have the mom thing down! :) I am so glad everything is going so well with Cohen.
He is precious!

Lori said...

NYC, here we come!! I promise, if you promise! We are finally over our illness...it went throught the whole family and close friends!! I'm glad I didn't come out and infect you! I want to come see you this week...what day would be good?

The Houston's said...

He's adorable. Enjoy your time with him!!

Finally an Abrigg..... said...

You have at least post once a week!!!!!!!