Sunday, September 14, 2008

The Pah-Teh!!

So, I've finally gotten around to posting pictures from Cohen's birthday party. We decided that the first birthday is SO important that we would just make an entire weekend of it. His birthday falls on Labor Day weekend so we packed up everything and headed out to the lakehouse to celebrate (thank you Sheila and Neal for being such a great host and hostess and making it a memorable first birthday!) We just had a small family party, but a LOT of fun!

We spent Saturday and Sunday out on the lake and had the party on Sunday night. We did have a family Fantasy Football league with my family and Chad's family combined, so we held the draft on Sunday afternoon. We had our kick-off weekend last weekend and what do you know... Chad and I got matched up. Who do you think won? I won't say, but her name starts with a "C" and ends with "assy."

Cohen got a new lifejacket for his birthday and surprisingly didn't mind wearing it all day long. Here we are enjoying the boat ride with Chandy....


Cohen loved riding on the boat and watching everyone wakeboard and kneeboard. He's a little too small to make it out this year, but we might try the tube next year.


Here's sneak peak of the party... I somehow got this picture out of order.


Cohen had fun swimming off the side of the dock and splashing in the water with Uncle Chaney.


Here is one of the perks of being the first grandbaby on both sides of the family and getting ALL the attention. All the cousins cheered for him as he danced on the table and showed his stuff. He LOVES being the center of attention... where in the world did he get that from!?!!


Here's the infamous cake... So, I ordered it in Allen where we live, and we drove straight to the lakehouse which is a little over an hour away. By the time we arrived at the lakehouse one side of the buttercream icing had melted and fallen off! We had to patch it up so it end up a little lop sided. Oh well, Cohen didn't seem to mind.

He thought that daddy needed some cake too!

He couldn't wait to try out his new toys!


Even though I was trying to keep everything low key, we did decorate just a little.


Paige caught the first fish of the weekend. Cohen didn't know what to think of that.

when we got there on Saturday morning I realized that I had dressed both Cohen and I in camo, so I had to get a little picture. What a great weekend! Cohen, I know you won't remember it years from now, but your family sure did make a lot of memories this weekend!

3 comments:

allyo said...

Fun! What a great weekend for your birthday to fall on! I loved your family pics so much that I scheduled an appointment with Kristin. I am excited and nervous... isn't that silly. We have had professional pics done since Camden was 6 weeks old. It was such a nightmare that I swore to never pay someone to take our pictures again:) Hopefully they will turn out as good as yalls. Cohen is too cute!

Macy said...

Fun Fun! That cake reminds me of when you put my ice cream cake in the fridge and it melted.....good memories. I love your family pics and the ones of the big boy by himself.

theyoungs said...

Happy 1st bday Cohen! Cassy...he is so cute. I cannot believe the blond blond hair...and, his big blue eyes remind of someone else's! Miss you and would love to catch up soon. hi to Chad!
xoxo
Laura