Saturday, January 17, 2009

What a wonderful Saturday

I don't know about anyone else, but around here I feel like our Saturdays are always overtaken with practices, games, rehearsals, meetings, showers... and we only have one child right now! Chad and I were talking this morning and we were trying to remember when the last time was that we had an entire Saturday where we didn't have a single thing scheduled and we're pretty sure it dates all the way back to last summer. So today we were excited, to say the least, when we realized there was NOTHING on our calendar!
The day started out perfectly. Cohen slept until 8:45!! After we all slept in, ate breakfast, and played around the house, we decided to go down to our neighborhood park and throw the football around. Chad and I are in a flag football tournament in a couple of weeks and I decided that I needed some major practice. I haven't touched a football since my ACU intramural days.





We brought this little football so that Cohen could have something to throw around while Chad and I threw the big football, but he didn't want any part of it. Unfortunately it sat right here on the ground the entire time... he wanted to play with mom and dad.


After football it was time for the slide... It's amazing to me how he never gets tired of the slide. Over and over again he wants to go down it!




Then we walked down to the neighborhood pond. I love this picture.

Now we're back at the house watching 101 Dalmations and getting ready for nap time... nap time for everyone that is! I love this day.

2 comments:

Mauri said...

So glad y'all had a good weekend! I miss you guys. I can't believe Cohen is now a little boy instead of a baby. time goes by too fast! Hopefully we can get together soon!

Unknown said...

Hi Cassy. I just tried to email you, but none of my email addresses for you work. Send me a quick email at jennifer dot poland at gmail dot com.

Cohen is SOOOOOOO cute. It looks like you guys have so much fun together!