Friday, March 6, 2009

Swim Time!

What have we been doing for the past week? Swim lessons? Yes, after some debate we decided to start Cohen with ISR (infant swim resources) lessons. With the lakehouse and being at the pool almost everyday in the summer, I just really want him to know how to save himself if he accidently falls in the water when no one else is around. And after 3 lessons so far, I must say that I am happy with our decision. Yes, he cries some but he gets over it pretty fast! We go everyday (Mon-Fri) at 5:20. The lessons are 10 minutes each. If any of you have a one year old, you know why the lessons are only 10 minutes each! We will do this for 5-6 weeks and apparently at the end of this he will know how to roll over and float on his back if he falls in the water, hold his breath under water, and swim for short distances at a time. Day one he learned to hold his breathe underwater, it was amazing! However, I was so nervous that I forgot to take any pictures! Here are pictures from day two...
Here he is anxiously waiting his turn and for the baby in front of him to finish.
Swimming with his head under water. Yes, it was only for about 3 seconds but I was proud!


Kicking and holding his head under water.


Floating on his back... so far, he hates this and cries when she makes him do it. I think he gets water up his nose and it makes him mad.


If everything goes as planned and he is actually swimming in a few weeks, I will get some video footage and post it. I have been very pleased with the instructor and how professional she is and how well she works with toddlers.

That's all for now.

2 comments:

Holly O'Quinn said...

Thats cool...

J OQuinn

Lindsey said...

Cohen is adorable! I love reading all about your adventures with him!