Tuesday, November 17, 2009

1 week ago today...

It's been 1 week since Miss Channing entered the world. It's been a whirlwind so I've been very neglectful in communicating. The little miss decided to come 3 1/2 weeks early so she has had a rough start. She's still in the NICU but is getting better everyday. We're hoping to bring her home by the end of the week

Hopefully in the next few days I'll get a chance to write out her birth story before I forget some of the details.

Since it's flu season, they don't let anyone in the nicu except mom and dad. So, no one but Chad and I have ever seen her or held her. It's killing the grandparents and has proved to be a little bit confusing to Cohen. It's not the easiest thing to explain to a 2 year old.

Here are a few pictures. You can see that she progressively looks better in each picture. She now has all her breathing tubes out and we're weaning her off the feeding tube.







7 comments:

Rebekah said...

Congrats! She's precious!!! I know exactly what you're going through- Brynley was 5 weeks early and in the NICU for 2 weeks. Makayla didn't get to see her until she left the NICU. It was a hard time, but I have sweet and precious memories of that time... I'll be praying for you and your sweet family!

Britney K said...

Oh my goodness! I have been thinking about you so much! I've been afraid to call b/c i know you have a lot going on. PLEASE let me know if you need anything! She is so sweet. AND hello she looks like Cohen to me! Does she to you guys? So fun! Praying for the Lord to move in sweet Channing's body! LOVE YOU!

Finally an Abrigg..... said...

Little Sugar!!! I have the tub of clothes in my car. IT'S ALOT! So, don't be overwhelmed. :) Henslee was 4 lbs when they took her home..so there's preemie and newborn stuff in there. Feel free to use whatever, or not. I'll call you and I can at least just come drop them by...even if that's before Channing comes home. I think you need some time at home with her before visitors start pouring in...love you alot.

Aimee said...

She is precious! We will be praying that you get to bring her home soon!

Erynn said...

I prayed for Channing this morning. I hope she comes home soon!

The Davis Daily said...

Congrats on Channing's arrival! I was just thinking about you the other day. I can't believe she came early. Kelby and I will definitely keep her and the fam in prayers for her to come home soon.

The Davis Daily said...

Congrats on Channing's arrival! I was just thinking about you the other day. I can't believe she came early. Kelby and I will definitely keep her and the fam in prayers for her to come home soon.