Friday, February 12, 2010

Sweetheart Dinner

Ever since Cohen was born I have wanted to do a Valentine dinner for my family. I decided to finally do it this year.

First, I have to show off my valentine that Cohen made for me. He worked on this all week at school. Isn't it beautiful!
One of my friends bought this for our family and I decided to break it out tonight at my Sweetheart Dinner. The idea is that you bring it out at dinner time each night and whichever person in the family has done something extra special that day gets to eat off it that night at dinner. Until Channing knows what is going on, I have a feeling Cohen will be eating off of it alot!


So, to the dinner part... I wanted to make valentine theme ice for my punch but i didn't have heart shaped ice trays. So, I decided to make pink colored water with food coloring (i know, it looks orange in this picture, but it was pink) and then I poured it into my mini-muffin pan. I stuck a raspberry into each cup and froze it in the freezer.


They turned out pretty good. Once again, this looks orange, but it was pink lemonade punch.


I made sugar cookies. For some reason I didn't get a finished picture but they turned out cute once I got them completely iced and put the red sprinkles on.

For an appetizer I made fillo cups with a cheese stuffing. I found these red fillo cups to go with the valentine theme.



Cheesecake!! Don't be too impressed, I went with the Sandra Lee Semi-Homeade style here. I bought the cheesecake at the bakery and then decorated it at home.


Ok, this might look disgusting, but this is a 2 yr olds Valentine dream... heart shaped chicken nuggets and heart shaped pizzas!!

I also cooked some pork and veggie kabobs and salad for Chad and I, but forgot to get a pic of those. Not nearly as exciting as the pizza and chicken nuggets, right?! :)

I had my camera on a wierd setting and didn't notice until later that it was fuzzy. This is a pic of the table decor.


I think he liked it! Please excuse the hair. This is what happens when you play in the snow and then take a nap!


Cohen is showing off his Valentine's Day gift from mommy... Sock Monkey houseshoes.


From the look on his face, I think my first annual Sweetheart Dinner was a success!!

5 comments:

Liz*** said...

cute idea!

The Davis Daily said...

too cute! I am the same way, when little one comes I want to make each holiday fun and special.

The Davis Daily said...

too cute! I am the same way, when little one comes I want to make each holiday fun and special.

Anonymous said...

Your dinner looks great. I love the "You're Special" plate, we used to do that when I was growing up. I think Daley got it the most in our family.

Kandi said...

How Sweet! So good to see you a couple weeks ago down in my neck of the woods :) I started a similar tradition with my kiddos..except we do cupids breakfast :) They love it!!