Thursday, June 10, 2010

Long time, no blog!

Well, here are a few of my excuses for being so negligent over the past month on my family blog...
First, I launched a new company a couple of months ago called Project Mom. It's a company that resources moms and provides events for moms to get away, refocus, refresh and brush-up on mom skills. If you're a mom that lives anywhere close to the metroplex, you should attend our first Summit in September. Check out the site. You can click on the blog tab and scroll back to one of the first entries to see how it all got started. It's a pretty exciting journey that God is bringing us through!

My second excuse for the lack of blogging is that we're pregnant, AGAIN! Yes, this was not part of "the plan." We were pretty shocked for a few days, but now we're just feeling super blessed that God has chosen to give us 3! We know that every baby is a miracle, but when you're taking extra measures to keep it from happening and it still happens, it just seems like even more of a miracle! Channing and this new "Baby C" will be 14 months apart. We'll have 3 kids, 3 and under, yikes! When Chad found out we were pregnant he said, "Even the Duggers wait longer to get pregnant than us!"
We're still trying to figure out how we're going to fit 3 car seats in the back of my Honda Accord!

On another note, we had Channing's 6 month appt and she's a healthy little girl, still on the small side though. I'm not sure if that's because she was a preemie or because she's my daughter. Her stats were...
Height: 24 1/2" (10th percentile)
Weight: 14 lbs, 11 oz (22nd percentile)
Head: 17 1/2" (92nd percentile)
Which means, if she didn't have her daddy's big head, she might would also be in the 10th percentile in weight! Hopefully it will all even out.

I have been SO sick the past 2 weeks (way more sick than with my other pregnancies), so I have taken very few pictures. I did manage to get a couple of cute ones the other night while Chad was giving Cohen boxing lessons. Please ignore all the baby gear in the background...

7 comments:

The Davis Daily said...

Congrats again! i don't know how people do it with 2. I am just trying to get it allfigured out with Lincoln. Good luck with the new biz. I too am trying to do my own thins now that I have our little one.

Heather said...

Congrats! I've missed hearing about your family!

Holly O'Quinn said...

What a fun adventure! So happy for you all!

Shevawn said...

Cassie,
I don't know if you remember me from the Branch, or not, but we had our first baby, Claire 7 months ago, and we found out we are preggo with number 2 and they'll be 14 mos apart! I was reading Kristin Brewer's blog, and I saw your blog link, so I wanted to see how you guys were doing. Ours was planned, but we were shocked at how quickly it happened. Best wished to you guys! I know you'll have so much fun!
~ Shevawn McSpadden

Charis said...

Congrats on #3!! Hope you start feeling better SOON. That must be really difficult with 2 little ones to look after. Our #3 was a big shock too - must be something going around :) Excited to hear your good news.

Kristen said...

congrats on #3! That is awesome! 3 kids 3 & under is a CRAZY! Our #3 was a shock too! Not trying to scare you, but it is not like adding 1 more to your family. You might as well add a couple---I have 6 weeks under my belt with that many & I am just REALLY REALLY busy. :) I know God will bless you & this sweet baby. :) That is soooo cool & fun. Congrats on baby #3.

allyo said...

I have been wanting to talk to you. We know how you feel or felt with the special surprise. It took me three days to stop crying, but then like you, we decided that God had a different plan. Braelynn and Crayton are going to be 14 1/2 months apart. I am praying for you and for sweet baby #3. Love you!