Saturday, July 10, 2010

"New York, New York!"

I now have a new laptop and am back in touch with the world! I have a lot of blogging to catch-up on. I thought I would start with our trip to NYC...

A few weeks ago Chad and I got away for a week with just the 2 of us, it was wonderful! The trip was for my 30th birthday. I turned 30 over 6 months ago, but since I had just had a baby a few weeks prior to my birthday, we decided to wait until the summer time to take the trip. Little did we know when we planned it that I'd be right in the middle of another pregnancy! Had we known, we probably would have waited and scheduled the trip for a different time. I was mainly just tired. My nausea has let up over the past few weeks, so it wasn't too bad.

Chad had never been to NYC, so we did a lot of walking around the city. We stayed right in the middle of Time Square at the Hilton and we went to see 2 shows, "The Lion King" (which I had already seen a few times, but you can never see that one too many times) and "Promises, Promises" with Kristen Chenoweth and Shawn Hayes. We also took the train over into Brooklyn Heights and walked back across on the Brooklyn Bridge, went to a Yankees game, ate really great food, and went to a mass at Saint Patrick's Cathedral. Here are some pictures...

I got to meet Johnnie Depp... not really, this is a wax figure, as you probably already figured out!

Here is Chad standing in Brooklyn with the Manhattan skyline behind him.


We stopped by Grand Central Station at 5:00 and got a picture in the middle of the madness!


Mine and Chad's first movie to see in the theatre together when we were dating was "Serendipity" and when he proposed to me he had the theme song from the movie playing in the background. So we couldn't take a trip to NYC and not visit the cafe where it all happened. Of course, we had to get some famous Serendipity dessert. Here I am with my HUGE chocolate sundae!


We also went to the Yankees game. As most everyone knows, Chad and I are big Rangers fans and despise the Yankees. But we still wanted to go and see some baseball history. However, we refused to wear Yankees gear, but Chad wouldn't let me wear anything Rangers.

We had a great time! Now I'm feeling a little pressure to plan an equally great trip for Chad's birthday... if anyone out there has a good idea, let me know!

1 comments:

Kelli said...

What a great trip! I'm glad y'all had so much fun! Our favorite place to visit is San Francisco. It is wonderful! Chicago is fun, too, and you could go to a game at Wrigley Field. Hope you are doing well and feeling great, have a great weekend!