Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Showers and more Showers!

Cohen's happy mother, Grammy, and Nana.





All three of the "great-grandmothers"




The ladies in my family are coppin' a feel of my belly!!





No, his name's not "Coher." My big belly is just covering up the rest of his name.





My beautiful hostesses at my church shower!




We had two showers this past weekend. On Sunday morning we had our church shower and that was my big one since that is where I work and where all my close friends are. It was really great. Cohen receieved a lot of goodies (of which we're still trying to find a place to put everything!) Then in the afternoon, Chad's aunts hosted a family shower for us. It was fun! And then in two weeks my sweet college friends are giving us another shower. I can't wait to see all of them and their babies! We are so blessed to have so many people in our lives who care about us.
So, I'm sure most of you have heard of the chubby bunny game. Well, at our family shower they decided to make me and both the grandmothers play... it was SO funny! We had to say Cohen's full name just like we would if we were mad at him. Poor Carla (Chad's mom), I never realized how small her mouth is. She got about two into it and she was about to die. As you can see by the captions below, she didn't make it very far. Then there was me and I have a huge mouth, but a seriously bad gagging reflex (as most anyone who has every been around when I brush my teeth know). And then there's my mother. Not only does she have a HUGE mouth, but is THE most competitive person I know. I could have told you who was going to win before we started. As you can see on the last caption, she has like a gazillion marshmallows in her mouth and she is still speaking his name in perfect diction.


8 comments:

jasonandchaney said...

Too much fun! I have been checking your blog every week to see if you have your new bundle of joy yet. I know you are passed ready. Hang in there it is all worth it in the end. Eventhough I was up into the wee hours last night, I would not trade motherhood for anything.

Chaney

Summer said...

Cassy, I've been reading your blog for a few weeks now and have been meaning to comment. Lori keeps me updated on you and how you are doing. I have a small gift that I'm going to send with her to your college shower. We have a blog now too, so please check it out - I've added your blog to our list of friends. You are in our prayers for a safe and healthy delivery & baby. Can't wait to see pictures of little Cohen. :-)
love, summer

Finally an Abrigg..... said...

oh me, the gagging reflex. i know this well. :) can't wait to see you!

Kristen said...

What fun showers! :)
I bet you got lots of fun stuff for Cohen~

Rebekah said...

That's so funny- Makayla and Brynley's grandmas are Grammy and Nana too! You look so beautiful- have fun at your other shower- can't wait to see that little man!

Allison said...

How much longer?? You look adorable! I can't imagine who Cohen will look like. Both you and Chad look just like your mama's! I know he'll be precious.

Allison said...

HEY...quick question for ya.

Have you found your pediatrician yet? If not, I have one that I very HIGHLY recommend to you guys. She is excellent and only takes newborns as new patients. We LOVED her, so much that I cried when we left our last apt with her. She is at Presb. Plano off the tollway.

Let me know if you need her info.

Allison said...

Her name is Dr. Stone. Number is 972-981-8380. I am not kidding when I say that we LOVED her...Matt loved her just as much as I did. She is so personable and so kind. She really has a connection with "first time parents" and you NEVER feel like a stupid question is stupid. Her nurses are amazing too. Also, they are so great about getting you in and out. (I LOVED not waiting long). Before you make your decision go and meet her!