Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Easter '09!

It's taken me almost 2 weeks to blog about our Easter weekend, but I'm finally getting around to it. We had a great weekend with family. Saturday we had our all-church family picnic and easter egg hunt which my children's ministry team and I put on. It went really well but I was busy most of the day and didn't get to be with Cohen much. Chad was also helping out a lot so luckily Nana, Big T, Kellie, Kevin and Jake came and spent the day with Cohen, got him ready and brought him to the picnic. Here are a few pics...



Cohen didn't quite understand why he had to wait until I said "go" before he could start picking up eggs.


He also didn't understand that is was a race and he wanted to stop and open each egg as he picked it up, so he ended up with a total of 3 eggs... there were 6,322 eggs total... i guess he just wanted to leave plenty for the other kids :)


Still, just taking his time....




The Easter bunny showed up for some picture opps so Nana and Big T got one with the grandbabies...





I love this picture of Jake (my one and only nephew). This is the cutest outfit.


Daddy and Cohen taking a walk through the crowd.

These were in his Easter basket from Grammy. Now he puts them on and says, "ribbit, ribbit!"


Sunday we went over to the Legans for Easter lunch and an egg hunt. Cohen found a prize egg with money. From the look of his eyes in this picture, I think he's beginning to come down from his sugar high... plus it's two hours past nap time.


3 comments:

The Davis Daily said...

Looks like you guys had a great Easter! Just think next year Cohen will be all about Easter! Can't wait to see you guys in Mexico! Kelby and I haven't quite booked but I keep hounding him. At least the price hasn't gone up yet!!

Hollie Reese said...

He is getting so big! We miss you guys!

AmyK said...

Congrats on baby girl! Watch it, you can go into debt over girls.....Check out McKinney trade days- super cute stuff. Anyway, noticed my Hubby made it in the background of your easter egg hunt photos from church! We've got to get together soon!