Saturday, May 23, 2009

An anniversary and an announcement!

First, I will start with the announcement... we are expecting baby #2!! I am almost 13 weeks. A lot of you probably have already figured it out if you've read my facebook profile. Anyway, all is good and we're very excited. So, this brings me to our anniversary....

Yesterday Chad and I celebrated our 5th anniversary. It was such a special day! Each year we take turns planning our anniversary day and this year it was my turn. So Chad took off work and we started the day by going to our first trimester ultrascreen in hopes that we could find out the sex of the baby, and we did! Yes, that's right we're having a baby girl! And more importantly, we found out that she is developing perfectly! Next we went to lunch at Mi Cocina, ate our favorite nachos, and talked about how our lives are going to change with a baby girl in our lives. After that we headed off to an afternoon at the spa. It was so relaxing. We got a couple's massage and pedicures. I didn't want it to end. After we were completely relaxed we headed next door to our favorite kids shop and bought our first girly-girl outfit! I've already decided (even before I knew I was having a girl) that shopping for girls is WAY more fun! Ok, so where was I... oh yeah, then we headed home and got ready for the evening. After getting freshened up we went to Rick's Chophouse in Downtown McKinney. Wow, if you haven't ever been there, the food is EXCELLENT. I was extremely impressed. We will definitely be going back. Afterward we topped it off with some Paciugo, my favorite! What a day! It was so great to spend an entire day, just the two of us, with no distractions.

I love you Chad. Can't wait to see what the next 5 years bring!


Here are the flowers he brought home to me. They were so pretty that I thought they were fake at first!

Our dinner on the patio at Rick's Chophouse.

10 comments:

Leslie said...

YEAH! Well it looks like I am just about 3 weeks ahead of you. We are also having a baby girl! So excited for you guys!

Leslie

Macy said...

Yay...baby girl. Cohen will make a perfect big bro for a little girl.

Summer said...

WOW...congratulations and I can't believe you already know what it is! That is really exciting...we are happy for you guys. :-)

allyo said...

Yea!!! I am so excited for you! Futrue Kojie sisters...and kojie football!!! Keep us updated. We would love to see you guys. Maybe we can meet up at the Rangers...I think we have already been to six or seven games. Miss you. Take care of yourself. Happy anniversary.

Brianna said...

I can't believe you already found out! It is a lot more fun to shop for girl stuff- you will have to come over soon and I can teach you how to make bows (and thus save tons of money!) Yeah baby girl Lawson!

The Davis Daily said...

Congrats Cassie,Chad and Cohen! I had heard the news you were expecting again probably a month ago but didn't want to spill the beans. I am so excited that you guys are getting the best of both worlds. We will pray for healthy pregnancy and baby.

Finally an Abrigg..... said...

A girl, just what you thought. :) I hope you have fun shopping for her! :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! A GIRL, how exciting! Also, a congrats on the 5th anniversary. What a fun and creative way to spend the day, planning for the new family member!

jasonandchaney said...

You are going to love haveing another girl in the house. We are not far behind, due in December. Hope you are feeling well.

Anonymous said...

Cassy, did I catch a glimpse of you today at NorthPark???? The girl I saw was pregnant, and I had to check your blog to see if your were expecting! I was in the foodcourt w/ my kids. Were you at Northpark today??? Congratulations on a baby girl! Having 1 of each is perfect & so fun!!