Thursday, November 26, 2009

We are thankful...

We are thankful for many, many things. But this Thanksgiving we are especially thankful that we were able to bring home a healthy Baby Girl on Saturday! Here are a few pictures from her first week at home....
First, I made gifts for our NICU nurses (who we are VERY thankful for)! These ladies were a big part of our life for the past 2 weeks. We trusted them with our little Channing every day and night and they were wonderful! I made them these gift boxes with puppy chow inside and then attached new monogrammed badge retracters for their hospital ids.


Here I am at the hospital taking off her final monitor wire. No more machines for this girl!!


Here we are right before taking her out the door of the hospital. She's saying, "get me out of this place!"


Later, at home, here is big brother getting his first look at little sister.


Thankfully, she loves her swing. Cohen never stayed in the swing more than 5 minutes in his whole life, so this is a big bonus!


We are also very thankful for our wonderful family who has given us so much help with Cohen and Channing while she was in the hospital and since we've been home. Everyone came to our house for Thanksgiving. Here we are with all the Stouts and the Legans.


My side of the fam....


And Chad's side of the fam....

Love this pic. My Dad cuddled up with her this morning in bed.


We fit 14 people at my dining table. It was a little tight, but we did it!


3 comments:

Catherine T said...

So glad you guys are home! I'd been thinking of you all. It still seems so funny that we saw you at the hospital.

Brianna said...

I am so glad she is home! Call me when things get settled. Now time to enjoy your little princess.

Leigh Ann said...

So happy that you have your sweet girl home with you! She is beautiful!