Monday, May 14, 2007

And his name is....

COHEN DAVID LAWSON. It means "beloved priest" in Hebrew. David is Chad's middle name also. Chad and I had been going back and forth on the names and really this is the one we have liked the best for a while, but I was waiting to get the final approval from Chad since he is the picky one. Then on Mother's Day I woke up to a card that said "mom, thanks for letting me kick and punch you in the tummy all the time. you're the best mom! Love, Cohen" So, that was my mother's day gift... his name. (plus a Starbucks gift card, I might add. Cohen already knows how to make his mommy happy!) I enjoyed yesterday knowing that this would be my easiest mother's day ever, at least until the kids are grown and out of the house!
Update... right now he is about 11 1/2 inches long and weighs a little over a pound.

11 comments:

Kristen said...

I love the name. It is so precious! I have never heard that before. What a great Mother's Day!

Jamie said...

I LOVE IT...Chad, Cassy, and Cohen, it sounds like a family. I am excited for him to get here. I think that was a great present for mother's day.

Finally an Abrigg..... said...

This is really weird, but I was watching a tv show the other day, and the name cohen was on there. i really thought to myself, thas is a really cute name! that's so sweet. :) cohen lawson. beautiful

Mauri said...

Precious name! that is so exciting and a GREAT mother's day present!I can't wait to see the growing little guy this weekend! Love ya-

The Houston's said...

I love it! Can't wait to see him!

Anonymous said...

What a perfect name! Sweet Mother's Day card!! And-- cute pictures of you & all the girls & babies!

Mindi said...

Love the name! Did Chad secretly want to name him Cohen because of the OC?

Allison said...

I agree with Jamie! Sounds like a family!!!

Leslie said...

So cute! LOVE the name! Happy belated Mother's day

campers said...

hey cassy ~ thompson here ~ I love the name! Goes great with Cassy and Chad!

Nicole said...

Hi Cassy! The name Cohen is adorable. You look beautiful!! Love you Nicole Fuhrmann