Friday, January 22, 2010

Mommy's prayer...

As I sat here and cried my eyes out for 2 straight hours watching George Clooney's Hope For Haiti tonight, a million things ran thru my mind. With Cohen asleep in his room and Channing dozing beside me on the couch, I couldn't help but think about the kind of man and woman I hope for them to be someday. So tonight i prayed this prayer over them and had a precious time with the Lord in the midst of it all. I don't want to forget tonight. I'm writing it down so that I can have it for years to come.

"My dear sweet Cohen and Channing...
I pray that you will walk initmately with the Lord all the days of your lives. And because you are walking with Him, I pray that you will bear his fruit.
That you will see others with His eyes, the way He sees them.
I pray that you will both fight for justice for those who can't fight for themselves.
I pray that you will be leaders among leaders and that you won't wait for someone else to take on a cause, but when the Lord asks you to go that you will be bold and go.
May you both be relentless in your fight for the hurting, the broken, and the poor.
Use every spiritual gift and talent He has given you to fight this fight, for I can already see that he's given you both so many.
Hang on to His promise that if you hunger and thirst for righteousness, you will be filled. He never goes back on His promises!

Oh Heavenly Father, give Chad and I all the discernment and wisdom we need to raise children who are selfless, who put others before themselves and who serve others with the passionate joy of the Lord."

0 comments: